Positive Discipline for Childcare Providers Workshop
Days Inn & Suites
10010 179A Street
Saturday, February 21, 2015
This workshop will provide a comprehensive overview of Positive Discipline and introduces the Positive ChildCare Model which focuses on how to support the development of self-regulation and other social emotional skills through pro-action and Positive Discipline.
Participants can expect to learn:
- What constitutes effective and positive discipline
- The importance of connection and attachment in the child care setting
- Ways to help children self regulate
- How to create an encouraging and nurturing environment that reduces behaviour challenges while supporting children’s social emotional development
- Ways to empower children to use their power in constructive ways
- How to communicate in ways that invite cooperation from children
- Specific tools and methods to deal with common behaviour concerns in non-punitive, positive ways
- And more!
A special emphasis is put on creating an environment in which “children thrive, learn and cooperate”.
FACILITATOR: Ruth Buffam, Certified Positive Discipline Educator & Trainer
REGISTRATION FEE: $98.00 (plus GST) (Registration Fee Includes lunch)
PLEASE REGISTER EARLY AS SPACE IS LIMITED!
Please note: This workshop may be eligible for Professional Development funding for individuals who qualify. Each attendee is responsible to check their eligibility according to the guidelines of the Alberta Child Care Accreditation Funding Program.
Register Now!Registration Form allows for multiple registrations if a number of people wish to register from one centre or organization. Lump payment can then be made online or by check. However registration fees must be paid in advance.